Join our PR & Social Media Manager Kathryn as she ventures back to Ulster University to chat to the first and final years about her career journey and time studying Communication Management with PR.
It was lovely to be back visiting the new Ulster Uni campus in Belfast. It is hard to believe that I graduated over 3 and a half years ago. I left University with my head held high, the support was second to none and I still keep in touch with contacts made during my placement year.
I was delighted to be asked to join other CMPR graduates to share my career journey with students and it was lovely answering their many questions! I also shared some of my top tips for success ✨
- Always be yourself, don't try to force anything that feels unnatural
- Ask yourself, 'How can I be different & really stand out?'
- Take risks
- It's ok to make mistakes as long as you learn from them
- Learn and listen to a mentor or somebody with more experience than you
- Be open to learning every day- stay open minded
- If something is for you then it will never pass you by
- Prioritise yourself
- Don't take life too seriously- have FUN
If you would like to chat to Kathryn about PR or Social Media Management, get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org